Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tot olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into bite size blocks)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sachet Red Curry paste (use less or more, depending on the chilli)
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 beer (340 ml)
- 2 tins Denny Mushroom soup
- 1 tin Coconut cream
- 200g green beans, chopped in half
- 1 cup Lancewood Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Fresh lemon juice to dress the food
WHAT TO DO:
- Place your potjie on the fire, add the oil and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the chicken to the potjie and season with salt and pepper. Let the chicken get some colour and fry till brown. Add the Thai curry paste and mix everything together.
- Add the beer and make sure nothing is stuck at the bottom of the potjie. Let this cook for 2 minutes and then add the risotto rice. Fry everything together for 2 minutes.
- Add the Denny soup and coconut milk to the potjie and stir. Place the lid on the potjie and let this simmer for about 30 minutes, lifting the lid every 5 – 8 minutes stirring the pot and making sure nothing get stuck at the bottom. You want medium paced heat.
- Halfway through add the green beans, stir, and replace the lid of the potjie.
- After 30 minutes, check if the rice is cooked and the sauce thick and creamy. Add the cheese and stir through.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon and season with salt and pepper if needed.
SHARE THIS RECIPE