Use a griddle pan to create the waffle look, if you only have a flat surface you can just call them flap jacks. It will still taste great!
For the Batter:
- 1 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tot sugar
- 1/2 tot Baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tot butter, melted
- 1 packet streaky bacon
- honey, for serving
- Mix all the ingredients together for the batter.
- Spray your griddle pan with non stick cooking spray and add a bit of oil.
- Heat your griddle pan over the fire and place big spoonfuls of the batter on the griddle pan. Let this cook for 2 minutes and turn to cook the other side also.
- On the side, braai your bacon in a hinged grid over hot coals, or on a fire proof pan.
- Serve the waffles with bacon and drizzled with honey all over.
SHARE THIS RECIPE