This recipe can be executed successfully in a gas braai or kettle type braai. Take it easy and take your time and make sure you use a meat thermometer to make sure your sirloin is perfect on the inside.
- 1 whole sirloin steak of about 2kg
- 6 large potatoes
- salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 tot brandy
- 1 tot Dijon mustard
- 1 tot wholegrain mustard
- Score the fat side of the sirloin by using your sharpest knife and cutting through the fat n a diamond shape.
- Season with salt and pepper and sear over very high heat for a few minutes until the outside is charred.
- Place the sirloin into your gas grill or kettle braai and let this braai over medium heat for about 1 hour, use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. Once you reach 52 degrees, the meat is done (medium rare) and you can take it out to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
For the Potatoes
- Cut into the hasselback method. Use two wooden spoons and place the potato in the middle. Cut the potatoes into thin slices without slicing all the way through. The wooden spoons will help you achieve this method by stopping the knife from going all the way through.
- Season with salt and pepper and olive oil. Bake in your gas braai or oven for about 1 hour until soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
For the sauce:
- Use a fireproof pan and place over medium heat.
- Add the butter and olive oil to the pan. Then the garlic, thyme, chilli, brandy and mustard. Let this simmer for 2 mintues and serve immediately over your steak and potatoes.
SHARE THIS RECIPE