It is very handy to keep a box of frozen fish in your freezer for easy very delicious curry potjies like this one!
- 1 tot olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 yellow, green or red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 curry leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sachet (50 g) tomato paste
- 125 ml water
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1 box (600g) frozen hake fillets
- 1 tot honey
- Place your potjie on the fire and heat the oil in the potjie. Fry the onions and pepper until soft. Add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add all of the spices and fry for 1 minute so the spices can release all its flavours.
- Add the tomato paste, water and cream, mix everything well and let this heat up and simmer for about 10 minutes. Adjust the potjie and taste and season with salt, pepper and honey.
- Add the fish pieces making sure everything is covered in sauce and place the lid on the potjie.
- Let the fish poach and simmer for about 15 minutes until cooked and everything is heated through.
- Serve the fish potjie with fresh roosterkoek, squeeze of lemon and fresh parsley
SHARE THIS RECIPE