This is based on a curry noodle salad, the recipe works just as great with boiled potatoes.
- 1 kg potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 ×420 g tin of sliced peaches
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tot curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- just less than 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 red apple (a sweet variety)
- 1 tot lemon juice
- 1 pepper (green, yellow or red)
- Wash and then cook the potatoes a few hours before or even the previous day, and let them cool down. (Peeling them is entirely optional; I think the skins give them more taste.) Potatoes are ready when the skins start to burst and you can press a fork into them. This usually happens after about 20 minutes in boiling water. Although not a crisis, try not to overcook them; we are not making mash.
- Open the tin of peaches and pour the syrup into a bowl with the mayonnaise and yoghurt. Mix these three with the curry powder, salt and black pepper.
- Core the apple and then chop it into cubes (peeling is optional). Immediately toss the lemon juice over the apple pieces to stop them going brown and then mix that into the curry sauce.
- Chop the onion, pepper and peach slices into cubes and mix into the curry sauce.5.Mix the sauce with the potatoes and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. As with most curries the flavours develop with time and chances are you will like the taste even more the next day.
SHARE THIS RECIPE