The base for this recipe is full cream yoghurt and pesto. Feel free to add any other green vegetables that you prefer and have available.
- 1 kg potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 250 ml full cream yogurt
- 125 ml pesto (basil or any other flavour you prefer)
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 200g broccoli florets and green beans, blanched
- couple of asparagus
- 1 avocado, cut into pieces
- spring onions, chopped
- Wash and then cook the potatoes a few hours before or even the previous day, and let them cool down. (Peeling them is entirely optional; I think the skins give them more taste.) Potatoes are ready when the skins start to burst and you can press a fork into them. This usually happens after about 20 minutes in boiling water. Although not a crisis, try not to overcook them; we are not making mash.
- Make the sauce by combining the yogurt, pesto, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters, depending on how big they are. Place them on a serving platter and add all of the veggies in layers on top of the potatoes.
- Pour the sauce over all the ingredients and garnish with chopped spring onions and fresh herbs.
SHARE THIS RECIPE