Aoli is like the brother of mayonaise, in this recipe we flavour it with garlic and smoke good quality boerewors to serve with the sauce
- 1 packet good quality boerewors
- 1 egg yolk
- juice from 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed very finely to form a paste
- Use your own type of smoker and smoke your boerewors until cooked through
- Make the aoli: Use an electric whisk and start to whisk the egg yolk, add the lemon juice.
- Slowly add a few drops of olive oil, while whisking. The sauce will start to slowly thicken.
- Add a few more drops, once it has a nice thick consistency, start to add more olive oil until you are happy with the volume and thickness. It can go up to 1 cup olive oil
- Season the aoli with the garlic paste and salt and pepper.
- Serve the aoli with your smoked boerewors.
SHARE THIS RECIPE